tirsdag 12. august 2008

Arrival & First Week

It already feels like I've been gone for a loong time, but it's really just a week.
Anyways, I'm now settled here. I picked the room with the tv and an extra bed instead of the one with the double.

So, I got here on wednesday evening at 10:30, which doesn't sound bad. But I didn't sleep much on the plane(s), or at home the night before I left. What I'm trying to say is that is was REALLY tired when I arrived!

Thursday through Saturday we went to Gracenote (the Greens boat) with a Danish friend of them named Klaus. It's located a few miles up the Connecticut river, and we took it down the river and to Greenport on Long Island. It's a nice little town and we watched Batman in the movie theatre, shopped a little (I bought five rubber ducks.. among them a really badass ninja) and ate at Claudios, the oldest family run restaurant in the US. Initially the plan was to visit Block Island as well, but because of a bad weather forecast (thunder) we didn't and went home instead.

On Sunday I went with mom to church, visited her mother, we interviewed a potential host family and we met my area rep, Anette, and her Finnish host daughter, Anni, at the mall. It was a nice day, with many new people and loads of names to forget :)

Yesterday was like my first day home alone, and I spent it struggling with the animals and watching tv. Then, at four o clock, Nicole and her friend from Arizona, Beth picked me up. They showed me Rocky Hill by car, and I was supposed to pick up a prepaid simcard at AT&T, but they had a 20 minute line, so we bought some food at this really interesting supermarket instead. It contained loads of moving animals in a western theme. We played some Wii, I was a witness to proper high-school-girl drama and we met Alicia for an hour and bought some ice cream.

And for today; I'm going to some waterpark thing which seems like great fun. So I'll write more later, but now I have to go!

4 kommentarer:

Tveita sa...

rubber ducks :P ..
faktisk fem stk!
Snakkes :D

Bjørnar sa...

Hey.. bra blogg!
Eget rom med tv og greier.. ikke dåårlig:D Ha det kult!

Monica sa...

Livet er ikke så verst! Fine bilder fra båtturen, forresten :-)

Martin sa...

hee, hee, Laurens, hee. Don't forget your purse!!! SHIT, too late.

And going to the church? Be careful with brainwashing. Ask Tom Cruise.