mandag 4. august 2008

Getting Ready to Leave

The entire idea of this blog is to keep all of you worried people in Norway and Holland updated on how I'm doing, and my goal is to post something weekly.. Good luck to me!

So, in like 28 hours and 40 minutes I'll leave my home for the last time in a year, and in 30 hours I'll say goodbye to the last people I know now, and in 31 hours and 35 minutes my plane will take off and there will be no turning back.

Am I ready?
Well... not exactly.
I've yet to pack my bags, I've got no idea which clothes to bring, and I've completely forgotten about getting some dollars or traveler checks.. (which will leave me in deep shit if my Visa Electron takes a break). But I have made the biggest decision and sorted out which cd's to bring, and I've prepared my rooms for new inhabitants (who areFilip (little brother) @ my fathers, and Robin (dutch exchange student) @ my mothers)

Other than being careless with packing, I'm mentally well prepared (I think), and looking forward to it(I know)!

4 kommentarer:

Monica sa...

Great to hear that you have arrived safely. We already miss u!
;-) Marloes, Markus & Monica

Alexander Linløkken Pettersen sa...

Halla Laurens!!
Nå har du vel kommet deg til rette i "the U.S and A".
Jeg er nordmann, og stolt av det, så jeg skriver på norsk (:
Skriver du hver dag her egnetlig? er ikke det litt av meninga?

"I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemies eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"
hvilken sang?
ja, du får kose deg videre, så snakkes vi!
Arrivederci, mate 8-)

Harry sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.
Harry sa...

Hi Laurens,
We didn't notice your departure to the States...(we are Dutch Cows)
Have fun !
Best regards
Esther & Harry